Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Perfect Timing

Is there really such a thing as soul mates and true love or are we all searching for something that isn’t there? My view on soul mates and true love have changed so much over the last couple of years thanks to the heartbreaks that have, at that time, felt like the end of the world. At one point in time I would have to say that I honestly hoped that true love existed but had no real proof that it did. I listened to others speak of their “soul mates” and “loves of their lives” and either wondered where was my soul mate at or I thought “what a loud of bull shit.” But I guess even the cynical side of me couldn’t deny the reality that true love and soul mates do exist. My only question that gets left unanswered is do we really only get one?

What about those people who meet their soul mates and for whatever reason the timing isn’t right. So if they somehow can’t be together then do they just move on to the next? Do they just miss out on their one true love and just settle for the next. It sounds ridiculous that if we want to be with our true love and the timing is a little off that we sit around and wait for the timing to be right instead of just moving on to find someone else and just be content in the fact that we have found love again even if it’s not our soul mates. But there are some who act as if soul mates are disposable and if you miss out on one you can just create another. I for a fact know that it doesn’t work that way.

I found my soul mate. He was, is, and always will be the love of my life and while I know in my heart that he loves me the timing for us just wasn’t right. Sometimes I think that I’m supposed to move on and find happiness elsewhere. I feel like I deserve to have my soul mate and that I shouldn’t have to settle for just being content. While I know that waiting is a very romantic yet naïve notion I just can’t see myself being alone and even worse being lonely indefinitely. But does that mean that he wasn’t really my soul mate? I have a friend that keeps telling me that if we were really soul mates then we would’ve found a way to be with each other and we would’ve made the timing right. The problem with that thought process is that we don’t live in a perfect world where we can make everything the way we want it all the time and where our right time doesn’t necessarily have to be someone else’s wrong time. We can’t just force everything to fit the way we want it to.

Timing really is everything and the sad thing is if we find our soul mate at a time that is all wrong for them then what are we to do? There is definitely a such thing as soul mates and true love but I think what people have forgotten to tell us about these two very precious and rare finds is that you have to find yours at precisely the same time that your soul mate is looking for his or else the timing just may not match up. True, if they are already with someone else when you two find each other they could just get out of that relationship and begin one with you and it would be great if it worked out that way but the reality is that things don’t always work out that way. We can’t always be with the one that we love and the one that we feel we were put on this earth to be with. So do we just wait around for that soul mate or do we move on to find another? Can we have more then one soul mate or are we just going to have to pray that fate coincides with timing? Do soul mates really exist or are we just searching for what we think a soul mate should be. Could we be so enthralled in the one we think is meant for us that we miss the soul that we were truly meant to mate with?

by Jimmetta Carpenter
© March 2010 (reprint)


Jimmetta Carpenter
Writer/Editor
“The Diary: Succession of Lies” (Release Date To Be Announced)
Writing as “Jaycee Durant”
http://www.blogger.com/Free%20Fall%20Newsletter/www.myspace.com/jcladyluv
http://www.blogger.com/Free%20Fall%20Newsletter/www.lulu.com/ladybugpress
www.authorsden.com/jimmettacarpenter
http://unpleasantlyplump.wordpress.com/
http://writetobe.wordpress.com/
http://www.freefalllit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment